1.01.2009

The Possibility of Transparency, Authenticity, Inspiration

A comment I left at Change.gov this morning... and now I'll share it with you:

Last night, December 31st, 2008, I was out walking the dog with my friend. The new year turning point was approaching. My friend said to me, wouldn't it be wonderful if Obama released a short, inspiring expression encouraging people about what is possible in this new year. We dreamed together for a bit about how inspiring it would be for Obama to evoke such optimism and potential at this transition time that is celebrated by so many Americans.

I replied, "Maybe he could say, "I know there are many things that you would like to hear me talk about right now (Gaza being one on my mind), and yet at this moment I would like to invite... (and then inspire us with words for 2009)."

My friend and I then marveled at what a new reality it is that we genuinely believe it is possible that our president would publicly say something that is transparent, authentic and inspiring. How different it is to be excited that my president might speak and to believe that he has the power to influence and inspire people's attitudes towards creating a more just and sustaining world that works for all.

There is a long way to go and I believe it will require great effort on the parts of many to actualize the change we believe in... and I am so incredibly encouraged by the amount of potential and possibility that is ready to be activated by the inauguration of our new president... and the social responsibility that us citizens can begin actualizing under his leadership.


photo by GNIKRJ

Labels: ,

posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?