12.21.2008

Solstice to Inauguration

I'm participating in a Woven Essence ritual. Honoring the potency that this time seems to hold, I am committed to doing a specific ritual every day between Winter Solstice (today) and the United State's Presidential Inauguration (January 20).

Right now I'm up in the North Carolina mountains. Shifting from the freezing cold and brilliant white snow of Seattle, last night I was cradled in the misty bright cloud-haze of Lake Toxaway. Today's shortest day of the year shines glowing sunrays upon my eyes. Slightly bundled up and deeply embraced by creativity, life's force, family and this heart's land, I open space for what me, this time, and life have to share with each other.

At the core of this learning journey, I am dedicated to listening to, embracing and sharing wisdom. In order to do this, I invite myself to release more fully into who I am... to become more intimate with my inner world, listening to the wisdom that emerges from that deep place within. I also invite my inner world to come into deeper alignment with the outer world. May I discover ways of loving, knowing and acting from wisdom, listening, seeing, feeling, receiving, tasting, smelling, experiencing, expressing and embodying.

One practice that I am doing every day is to write at least two poems. One "I am" poem and one "We are" poem. The first poems this morning were a free-flowing expression. There is so much I don't know and have to discover about who is this "I" that I am. And I don't know who I'm referring to when I write about "we"... I look forward to seeing what growth, learning and transformation emerge from this practice.

I will share poems as I feel called and any new practices that emerge as well. Should you want to join me in this poetry practice, I have found a couple of websites that offer a variety of different forms for writing "I Am" poems: a template and 8 different types. And if you are doing your own Solstice to Inauguration ritual, please come join us at the Facebook event or leave a comment!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?