4.15.2007

Piercing My Existence

Hi!

It's been awhile since I've found a voice to offer here. I notice that when I'm experiencing deep and rapid change in my life, writing here can feel confusing. The sense is something like, I'm not who I was when I last wrote here... and how do I jump in with who I am now... especially when I don't know who I am now?



Passion beats wildly as my heart.
Flying light,
like sparks and trails of fireworks,

piercing my existence
tingling a fierce dance
between pain and wakefulness



Here is a song whose lyrics resonate deeply with me right now. I highly recommend The Weepies.

The Weepies Big Strong Girl

It's not now or never.
It's not black, and it's not white.
Anything worth anything takes more than a few days
and a long, long night.

Don't push so hard against the world, no, no.
You can't do it all alone, and if you could
would you really want to?
Even though you're a big strong girl
come on, come on, lay it down.
The best made plans are your open hands.

Rest your head.
You've got two pillows to choose from
in a queen-sized bed.
Hold out for the moon
but don't expect connection any time soon.

Feel the light caress your fingertips.
You have just begun, the word has only left your lips.
Maybe in time, you will find
your arms are wrapped around the sun
you're wrapped around the sun.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?