2.17.2007

Dwelling Together in Unity

While I was on retreat a few weeks ago a Hebrew prayer began to sing through my being. Often since then I've found myself in moment's of reverence singing this tune. The other night I looked up what the prayer is about... what is the message that arrived to me in Hebrew's harmony, stirring in me a connection that I know runs deep in my soul.

He-Nay Ma Tov-u Ma Nayim, Shevit Acheem Gam Ya-Chad
He-Nay Ma Tov-u Ma Nayim, Shevit Acheem Gam Ya-Chad
He-Nay Ma Tov, Shevit Acheem Gam Ya-Chad
He-Nay Ma Tov, Shevit Acheem Gam Ya-Chad




This prayer comes from the beginning of Psalm 133: “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

I'm still feeling how this touches me. For now it is the Hebrew and melody of the prayer that stirs me most. This morning, the English is sitting with me in an echo of, "See, feel, experience the peace of us being together, living our unity."

Labels: ,

posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?