9.14.2006

Love Doesn't Die

Yesterday (the service and the day) was a genuine celebration of life... life that has been, life that is and life that will be. My family and I celebrate my grandfather, the life he lived and the relationships and memories we share and will continue to share. We celebrate our fortune in having a family that cares about and connects so deeply with one another and we celebrate our futures where we may continue to experience love, growing even more so into the people we are becoming!

Here is a poem that the rabbi read at the service that touched many of us deeply:
When I Die
by Merrit Malloy

When I die
Give what's left of me away
To children
And to the older generations that wait to die.
And if you need to cry
Cry for your brother
Walking the street beside you.
And when you need me.
Put your arms
Around Anyone
And give them
What you need to give me.

I want to leave you something.
Something better
Than words
Or sounds.

Look for me
In the people I've known
Or loved.
And if you cannont give me away.
At least let me live on your eyes
And not on your mind.

You can love me most
By letting
Hands touch hands.
By letting
Bodies touch bodies.

Love doesn't die.
People do.
So, when all that's left of me
Is love,
Give me away.
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?