4.08.2006

Online Tools

I'm exploring some of the social online tools that are out there (I don't even know what to call them), especially tagging related sites.

Here's what I'm finding today... I would love any feedback you have to offer about any of these (and even what I call the category of this technilogical stuff).

I'll share my whole flow: My site meter showed me that someone had linked to easily amazed through:
  • Shadows -- A site to tag, comment and rate your favorite websites. This led me to
  • Opposable Mind -- a thought provoking new blog to explore... there I discovered an
  • Article by J Wynia about
  • AttentionTrust -- from J Wynia
    Well, with AttentionTrust you can keep track of the sites you visit from all of your computers. To push it a step further, and get absolute control over your clickstream and also have easy access to deep analysis, you can set up your own attention server
    At Opposable Mind I also saw that he was using
  • Swicki -- A site for harnessing the collective energy of and strengthening your online community.
    A swicki is new kind of search engine that allows anyone to create deep, focused searches on topics you care about. Unlike other search engines, you and your community have total control over the results and it uses the wisdom of crowds to improve search results. This search engine, or swicki, can be published on your site. Your swicki presents search results that you're interested in, pulls in new relevant information as it is indexed, and organizes everything for you in a neat little customizable widget you can put on your web site or blog, complete with its very own buzz cloud that constantly updates to show you what are hot search terms in your community.
I'm off to explore Swicki some more... maybe you'll see it on this site soon!
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?