10.25.2005

'feeling loved through the eyes of a child'

How can parents affirm love for their children? I learnt something this weekend that really opened my eyes as to how sensitive our children are to our actions and words. My 7yr old son Jared found a very special earring of mine that I had lost a few weeks ago. I jumped for joy when he brought it to me and was extremely happy! I did not realize my 6yr old daughter Zoe was quietly standing by. That night after tucking Zoe in bed she said to me "mom, you don’t love me as much as Jared" my heart sank, "But Zoe I do love you soo much, can you tell me why you think that?" She said in a sad voice "Because Jared found your earring." "Oh Zoe" I said "you really wished you would have found my earring." She nodded, I said "Zoe, i love you for who you are with your beautiful, kind, loving heart full of truth and love and I will always love you forever and I know you are sad that you didn’t find my earring and I think you need an extra special hug right now." She held out her arms and I hugged her close. How healing for our children it is just to listen and understand!!! I pray that I always will!

posted by Anonymous

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?