9.22.2005

An Original Self Writing Exercise

Meredith at Graceful Presence invites us to recognize our original face and to rest in an open place of acceptance, inhabiting our original self.

As a writing exercise, I will read her words (posted in pink) and then allow my own words to freely flow, accepting whatever comes out as this moment's expression of my original self. To help me not get tangled, I will turn of my monitor and allow my fingers to glide where they wish to go.

In this moment of pure holding, I recognize the person in me that came into this world full of possibility and destined for joyful unveiling and manifestation.

In this moment I feel the pure lightness of this self, the unbounded freedom inherent in my entity. I recognize my original face.

This -- my original self -- how to describe her? Well, she is open, naked, unhindered. She is inquisitive, receptive, and responsive. Though unaware of self, she views her intimate world to be emanating from her very self. She is not separate from others; indeed everything she sees seems to be an inexplicable extension of herself. She searches for eyes, for glimmers of knowing recognition in others. And when she feels this recognition her whole body responds with joyful exuberance. She reacts with amazement at the simplest of miracles. She does not know what love is because she is love.

In this moment of pure holding, I connect with the me that came into this world bright eyed, radiating life, and eager to play in this blessed game of living. I feel the fire in me that yearns to share joy, bliss, and beauty with myself, others, and the world around me. My whole body begins to tingle, as if I'm being lifted up, as I rest in love, acceptance of sweet simple love for all that is.

My mind kicks in... "Do you really think that all that is is love?" "Well, I do recognize a current of sweet simple love that flows beneath all that is. "

Connected to my original self, my vision is of infinite possibility and potential. My vision is always focused on trying to see that which is divine shining through that which is ordinary. I have a hunger and a commitment to offer presence to fullest potential unfolding in the world.

Connected to this original self, typing on a screen, sending words out into this public domain, I feel self-consciousness seeping in, I feel clunky with my words. . . how to communicate this felt-sense that I am experiencing. . .

There is a steady constant flow emanating from my body, pulsing/pouring out. It is highly focused around my heart, as if out pouring from there, but I can feel it originating in other areas too, though the stream is not as intense from those centers.

Another part of me seems to sweep in beneath and around this flow, embracing it. It's as if it is embracing an expansive space of throbbing essence.

And then there is a recognition of another essence supporting this entire 'scene'. It's like a stable foundation ( that is also made of this expansive, formless energy), upon which all else rests. . . and is supported.

Connected to my original self, I am all of these parts. There is no separation.


If you feel inspired, please share who you are, connected to your original self.
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?