8.28.2005

Papa Hertz in Seattle!

I am so fortunate to get to spend a week with this wonderful man. My grandfather came and spent a week here in Seattle. We explored locally and traveled to Oregon's coast and the Columbia River gorge. I feel very honored to be loving and supporting him as he transitions into a whole new phase of life. He's spent the last 58 years of his life married to the woman of his heart. While her presence lives on within him, he opens to exploring this thing we call life from a different perspective. I can only imagine what it's like to spend 58 years of your life unfolding in relation to another human being... and the courage that it takes to begin to walk the path without them physically present.

I love you dearly, Papa.

posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?