5.28.2005

Transparency in Organizations

What's happened to me?!?! It sure is difficult for me to blog these days. Most of my computer time is being spent at the Integral Education Forum. Recently I've been wondering about the role of 'transparency' in organizations.

The deeper that I dive into my own personal practice of transparency and commitment to genuineness and congruence, the more I am surprised and amazed by what unfolds as I move through the world.

So often transparency is associated with vulnerability that is then associated with being exposed and unprotected. The negative and ‘unsafe’ connotation that some of these words have often serve as blocks keeping people from taking risks and diving into the deep-end of possibilities. It’s one thing to make a decision as an individual to explore this territory; it seems to be a much larger commitment (and much more against the grain of the norm) to do so as an organization. Does any one else find this to be true?

Please share any thoughts or observations you have regarding Transparency and organizations. Thanks!
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?