5.24.2005

'on a positive NOTE'

as we walk in the door from another long day at school and work, the children seem tired and irritated, maybe from the stress and struggles of the day, i have learnt as a parent to understand that when the kids get home they are able and need to release some of that stress! the bickering began and throughtout the evening the children were constantly annoying each other. i tried to stop them and realized as soon as i did it got worse as it was my attention they were needing! i stopped in my tracks and said "guys, whats happened to jared and zoe who always plays, laughs and helps each other" after a moment of silence zoe said to me "mom, i dont want to fight anymore, it makes me feel tired" i told zoe it would make me tired too! so she went and got a piece of paper and said "mom how do you spell, i like you everday" (zoe knows what letters to write, but does not know how to spell yet) i told her how to spell it and she gave it to jared. he smiled and then got a piece of paper and wrote "im sorry i hit you zoe" and gave it to zoe, she smiled and they were friends again! i then started to play with them. it made me realize the importance of specifically pointing out to the kids how positive they normally are! i have through this thought trained myself to see the positive side of things!! it makes me feel sooo much better.
posted by Anonymous

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?