4.23.2005

The Coast is Clear




I've just returned from a soul-full trip to the Pacific coast, LaPush, Washington ... It was so gorgeous and revitalizing to feel the rhythm of the ocean where it meets the land... playing amongst whales, sea lions, eagles and chipmunks!

Hiking back from the last beach that we visited, Thomas asked me what I've learned during this trip to the ocean.... what I'm taking back with me.

I feel a growing relationship with a place of connection where change and emergence give way to freshness. The coast is a pure and raw example of an edge, a point where one way meets another. I was entranced by places where this merging or stark transition occurs...
  • where streams make their entry into the ocean
  • where the land comes crashing down in huge chunks
  • trees that were once a part of a rich forest grip for life in solitude upon a cliff's edge
  • enormous trees and a plethora of driftwood washed ashore where new homes are created
  • watching as the tide recedes and the life (anemonies, starfish, etc.) and surfaces once blanketed by the ocean's waves now laid bare to the sun's rays.
In each of these instances, there is deep change, something new emerges and I am awed by the bold freshness that echoes forth.

The ocean's rhythm sings a song which centers new insight into my being. And now, back in the city, I invite that centered calmness to continue permeating through!

Do you have any stories or learnings from the ocean to share?
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?