3.05.2005

Work as Practice

Chris Corrigan spreading beautiful insight and inspiration, as usual:
Work as practice. And by practice I mean something akin to a spiritual practice, whereby one undertakes a life of value and meaning through living in a particular way. When I feel my facilitation practice deepening, I notice that what I do is becoming more and more aligned with who I am.

I try to bring my whole self to this work now, with a large dose of chaordic confidence rooted in principles and values that link what I do with who I am. Doing and Being meet in the board room or the retreat centre.
What does undertaking a life of value and meaning mean for you? When you feel a fullness of value and meaning in your life, what does your physical world around you look like? In what ways are you engaging in the world, participating in your daily life? What activities and experiences leave you refreshed and satiated, excite you and spark you, well up feelings of gratitude for this way in which you are living your life? Are these aspects part of your work? Do you bring your whole self into the work that you do? Are there ways in which you could bring more of yourself into the work that you do? Is there work that you could do in which more of yourself is invited to show up? How often do Doing and Being dance with one another in your daily life? How could Doing and Being become more intimate with one another in your world?

just some questions I'm enjoying pondering!!
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?