9.24.2004

what is... as is

free time has found me surfing the blogoshpere. i feel so fortunate to have access to the wisdom, the curiosity, the vulnerability, the rich sharing that spreads through this inner-net. here are some words from a few neighbors that have moved me this morning.

john engle:
I Just Don't Get It

Over the years, countless Haitians have asked me, "Why do Haitians have to suffer so?" "Is God punishing us?"

I find myself asking,

#1. Is it God?

#2. Is it corrupt leaders and the abuse of power at virtually every level of Haitian society?

#3. Is it discrimination and exploitation from non-Haitians, past and present?
his exploration of these questions invites my heart to sit silently in an open, bleeding place, feeling what is.

siona's openness and vulnerable authenticity encourage me to accept life as is.
The erosion of our efforts is not quite the same as the rich death of a rotted-out, moss-covered pine, and not quite as obviously positive as the life that struggles up from naturally decayed matter, but it is evidence nonetheless of change, of the cyclical force of nature, of the power of the land, and of the laughable grandiosity of humans. We can do what we want. We can construct what we wish. We can tunnel and scrape and pave and shape and build.

Life goes on.
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?