8.05.2004

journeying

in a few hours i board another plane to head to new york city to celebrate the marriage of my friends rona and craig. next weekend i travel to los angeles to celebrate the 90th birthday of my great aunt sally. the following two weeks i'll be in atlanta, spending precious time with friends and family and celebrating the 1st birthday of my godson, ethan. i feel so blessed to have this month of traveling the four corners of the country, connecting with others, sharing joy and love. i'll be sure to blog some of that joy and love as time permits!

this morning i was asked some wonderful questions by a new correspondent, walter stewart:
"What pulls you into life"? "And what holds you back" Which do you choose, at this moment?
i'd love to read your answers to these questions... get to know more about what moves you... learn more about how we can support each other from being held back... and journey together in this blessing of life.

Comments:

what pulls me in: passion, intensity, connection with other life (many types of life -- trees, people, the innards of flowers), Spirit, looking in the eyes of a child, dancing, music, being seen, being heard, seeing others, hearing others, playing, laughing, sharing joy, recognizing radiance, hoola hooping, walking, appreciating, gentle loving touch, giving thanks, experiencing newness, growing, beauty ...

what holds me back: fear, not trusting myself (doubt), inclinations towards perfection, placing another person's well being as more important than my own, control, habits

i'm certainly choosing to be pulled in at this moment... and what a delicious pulling upon my heart it is!!


Gravatarinteresting questions.

pulls me in: learning, teaching, building (hmm... maybe not building, i don't build, so whatever word describes taking in what other people build), exploring. music. relaxing.

holds me back: jealousy (my least favorite emotion), anger, lack of trust (in myself and others), laziness.

also, republicans. haha. just kidding. well, not really.

fun question. enjoy your travels.


GravatarThe connection between the personal and the social is a strong pull for me. More on my blog tonight:http://tedernst.blogspot.com/ 200...onalsocial.html

Enjoy your travels!


Gravatarmusic pulls me in.
i have one song in my heart & one on my mind this late night, both of which i heard for the first time on wncw as i drove this morning from swannanoa to raleigh:
sam bush, on the peaks of telluride cd, singing the old van morrison tune over the mandolin: "I've / got such a lot of love / i'm gonna give it to ya..."
& the second one was from the new michael frante (sp?) acoustic album. yowza, how about that guy!!!!!!!!!!


Gravatareric (welcome), ted, and chris... thanks so much for sharing... i love getting to know these sorts of 'things' about one another!

Labels: ,

posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?