7.25.2004

connecting*the*dots

Imagine if everyone was engaged in a way that honoured the gifts they have to offer.
chris'  statement leaves me wondering... what do you consider to be a gift? i often find myself in situations in which people believe that their genuine pain and suffering, confusion and misunderstanding are burdens upon others and are far removed from having giving qualities. and yet so often, it is in these moments of being completely raw and vulnerable that some of the most genuine gifts are given, that true teaching occurs. (i put the word genuine in green just to separate open honest sharing from thought-less, habitual complaining.)

leela  talks about the power of being 

validated and encouraged to take the space to just be.... getting used to freedom is an interesting process. Trusting that its not only ok to be who you are, but being loved for just that person it something most people never experience.
and then jeff  ponders the challenges of just being in a public forum,

when i'm wrestling deeply with shadows and karma sometimes, i feel either unable (too immersed), unwilling (simply private), or hesitant (skittish) to blog on these things.
phil has said that blogging is

Just a gradually evolving relationship.
connecting*the*dots, i'm left thinking that giving the gift of openness, honesty, authenticity, genuinity, humility, and vulnerability (just being) while also accepting and loving others just as they are is a treasure beyond measurement. blogs are one of many ways of reaching out to one another and expressing/sharing our inner worlds, thus creating a stronger, more vibrant inner net...even if and especially when it means sharing some of the not-so-sunny sides. my deep gratitude  for all of these perspectives.

comments:

Ashley, once again your words (and the way you put together your thoughts) is just beautiful. I'm so glad to have met you in Chicago.
Ted Ernst | Email | Homepage | 07.26.04 - 2:22 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like jeff alot, feeling skidish to share. But I have found that even though I feel overly exposed at times, I am also really seen more often than not. And I am amazed that the people that see me love and/or appreciate me. This helps me know that the changes that I feel I have made from the deepest parts of myself are really manifesting in my actions. It feeds my hope that we are all growing ever closer to the heart.

I am humming that old Rush tune as I wrap this up, damn those guys had a vision, didn't they?

hugs,
~leela




posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?