4.12.2004

wisdom of children

here is a posting by leelajade at the integral naked forum. it's in response to my post in the comment box below about parenting. leela's words really moved me and remind me about the wisdom that children have and their patient way of waiting until we recognize it. i've heard similarly moving stories from others of you that i know read this site. thank you to each of you for sharing... your stories, yourselves, and your children!!

"With my daughter I have found its more a process of getting my fear and projections out of the way so that who she is can really shine through.

One day when she was nine we had the most amazing talk. I had been molested when I was her age so I saw the world very differently than she did. It dawned on me and I told her this, "I have no idea what its like to be a happy well adjusted 9 year old girl honey. But I do know a lot of things about the world that your don't totally understand yet, so how about if I guide you on the rest of the world issues and you guide me on the happy nine year old issues." She looked into my eyes and said, "I have been waiting for you to understand that, its a deal!"

She came here from the non dual, who the hell am I to put stumbling blocks in her path or assume I know better than her about who she is or what she came here to do? My job to to help guide her and she seems to trust me best when I show her that I trust her most.

I am blessed!
~leela
posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?