12.06.2003

YES!



oh-my, i've found a gem! join with me in learning about YES! Youth for Environmental Sanity ... quite an inspiring group. here's a bit of what they have to say...

"Youth stand at a threshold point in life, as they make choices that will send out vast ripples. Some young people believe growing up means abandoning their ideals. To us, it means learning how to live our ideals, every day, on the Earth. We believe that if the passion, creativity and commitment of youth can be liberated for the common good, we can transform our world. "

and here are some words from Ocean Robbins, founder (at age 16...13 years ago) and co-president

“Sometimes older folks tell me: ‘I was idealistic and thought I could change the world once, too, but then I grew up.’ I’m trying to help us change our definition of growing up, so that it ceases to mean giving up on our ideals, and comes to mean learning how to live our dreams, every day, on the Earth. I want to awaken the passion and creativity of youth, combine it with the wisdom, experience and insight of elders, and transform our world."

What you appreciate - appreciates."
- LynneTwist

posted by ashley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?